Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Blogging Through May Day 5

Today we are supposed to tell what we love about a blogging friend. I don't have any blogging friends...yet. I recently started my blog. I read several blogs faithfully but I wouldn't call any of them my friends....yet.

So I will tell about my best friend....my husband. I am married to the greatest guy out there--and believe me I'm not looking out there to see if that's true or not. I just believe it and I'm great with it. He for sure is the best one for me. We just click. We mesh. We work together better than a lot of couples I know.

We started out young but not too young. He is two years older than me. We started dating when I was 18 and he was 20. We married when I was 20 and he was 22. He was still a college student when we got married. We lived in a tiny garage apartment (upstairs) and had nothing to call our own except the wedding gifts we received and his car. It was great though! We forged a foundation that has held steady for over 18 years.

He is my best friend, my confidante, and my lover.

He is always smiling. And I do mean always. A friend of ours the other day referred to my hubby as "abnormally jolly". He has such a great outlook on life. He doesn't see the glass as half-full. He sees it as full!!

He is also a hard worker. The hardest worker I know. And he does the work right. No cutting corners or just getting by. I tell people he is my Dan-Of-All Trades. He can do anything! If he doesn't know how, he figures it out and does it anyway. It saves a lot of money around our household.

He is also the father of my three children. And he's an excellent father. He is the head of our household as taught in the Bible and it works when everyone is in their place.

He's smart too. Yes, he's educated. He has a bachelor degree from a prestigious university. But it's more than that. He's smart in life. He can discern the right from the wrong and chooses right. I'm so thankful!

He's godly. He lives what he preaches. And yes, he really does preach. In a real church at a real pulpit. But he lives it.

I have told him before that he's better than my dreams. I thought I knew what I wanted in a husband and he has far exceeded those thoughts and ideas. I love him! We fell in love and we still love each other. Even more really.

I could never ask for more. He satisfies my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment