Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, May 17, 2013

Belated Day 12

What do you miss? Well, on a light-hearted note, I missed blogging for the past few days. Call is busy-ness.  The children had testing for school, and things are just now slowing down today.

But, what do I miss? For real? I thought it was appropriate for this question to fall on Mother's Day. I miss my mom.

My mom was the best mom ever! She was sweet and gentle; kind and thoughtful. Pretty and soft-spoken. Shy. Super smart. Clever. Organized. Devoted to others and a great mom and wife.

My mom passed away of cancer in February of 2000. She was 48 years old. 13 years without my mom has been a long time. I think the thing I miss the most is having her be grandma to my children. My oldest son was 2 when she died. She never saw my other two children. So many times I think to myself, "Mom would have liked this or that about my children." I really miss that she missed seeing them born and growing up. She would have loved that I homeschool. She would have loved that I'm a pastor's wife. She would have loved my kids.

I really don't think she misses those things though. She's in a much better place. In a "city that hath no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof."

No comments:

Post a Comment